Welcome to Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School
"Children are a gift from the Lord" Psalm 127:3
This week is Social Justice Week in Aotearoa. We are helping to reach out to others and to know our neighbours by bringing in a can of food to donate to the Cans for Christmas Can Drive. Please send cans of food to school with your child from Tuesday 12th Sept - Friday 15th Sept.
At Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School we are growing in faith together, in Mary's way.
Students who are educated, successful and connected learners growing Catholic faith in their hearts and minds.
Walking with Mary, as our guide to God we are:
- Full of Grace - Obedient - Faithful - Compassionate -
- Thoughtful - Hopeful -Contented - Determined
Our Term 3 Mary Value is DETERMINED
We live our value of being thoughtful through the VIRTUES of...
Purposefulness, Assertiveness, Excellence and Perseverance
Our wish is for our children to be
reflective and stop and think before they act.
We would like them to have moments of quiet and still and enjoy this time to think about their actions, the actions of others, their faith and the faith of others.
We hope they will learn to think of others and how to be a person for others.
Mary’s first response was to think of others.
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word:
"You shall love your neighbour as yourself.”
Our aim is to:
- Grow in faith together
- Love learning and strive for personal excellence
- Respect God's creation
- Develop our God-given gifts, enabling us to reach our potential
- Unite in spirit, as family, school, Church and community
At Sancta Maria Primary School our school curriculum is based on the principles of the NZ Curriculum of:
- High expectations –culture of collaboration and learning
- Treaty of Waitangi – partnership, protection , participation
- Cultural Diversity – encouraged and celebrated
- Inclusion – all students are respected and nurtured
- Learning to learn – learning reflection and ownership a priority
- Community engagement – strong home/school partnership
- Coherence – mapping our curriculum through an integrated approach
- Future focus – embrace learning for and about the future
Our Student Vision
Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School learners are unique because they take pride in themselves which means they strive for excellence. Whilst always striving to reach our goals and live by our values we are still joyful, caring and thoughtful to family, school and community.
You blessed the Virgin Mary with the fullness of grace.
She is our model of faith, hope and love.
We give this new year to her intercession and ask for her holy prayers.
Place our needs into the protection of her motherly love.
With her help, we want our faith to grow.
Give us an increase in the virtue of hope when troubles tempt us to despair.
Guide us in understanding Your infinite love.
And join our hearts, dear Lord, to the Holy Mother's Immaculate Heart,
so that we may improve in loving everyone unconditionally, in imitation of our Saviour Jesus.