Welcome to Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School
"Children are a gift from the Lord" Psalm 127:3
Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School is an integrated Catholic primary school, which opened in 2010, in the heart of Flat Bush. It has been established with significant care and consideration given to the educational needs of Catholic children living in the 21st century. Sancta Maria Catholic Primary School shares the Catholic campus with Sancta Maria Catholic College, St Luke's Catholic Community and St Luke's Catholic Presbytery.
Students who are educated, successful and active citizens with Catholic faith in their hearts.
Walking with Mary, as our guide to God we are:
- Full of Grace - Obedient - Faithful - Compassionate -
- Thoughtful - Hopeful -Contented - Determined
The Term 1 Value is Determined
We live our value of being Determined through the VIRTUES of...
Courage, Self Discipline, Perseverance, Purposefulness
In our Catholic school it is extremely important to know, believe, act upon and model the Catholic faith. It is important for our children to learn about what it is to be a Catholic in our community, in the wider community and in New Zealand and across the world. It is important for us to know the traditions and protocol of Catholic tradition and pass these onto our children. Mary was always faithful to God and Christ Jesus, supporting and encouraging throughout her life.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
Our aim is to:
- Grow in faith together
- Love learning and strive for personal excellence
- Respect God's creation
- Develop our God-given gifts, enabling us to reach our potential
- Unite in spirit, as family, school, Church and community
At Sancta Maria Primary School our school curriculum is based on the principles of the NZ Curriculum of:
- High expectations –culture of collaboration and learning
- Treaty of Waitangi – partnership, protection , participation
- Cultural Diversity – encouraged and celebrated
- Inclusion – all students are respected and nurtured
- Learning to learn – learning reflection and ownership a priority
- Community engagement – strong home/school partnership
- Coherence – mapping our curriculum through an integrated approach
- Future focus – embrace learning for and about the future
You blessed the Virgin Mary with the fullness of grace.
She is our model of faith, hope and love.
We give this new year to her intercession and ask for her holy prayers.
Place our needs into the protection of her motherly love.
With her help, we want our faith to grow.
Give us an increase in the virtue of hope when troubles tempt us to despair.
Guide us in understanding Your infinite love.
And join our hearts, dear Lord, to the Holy Mother's Immaculate Heart,
so that we may improve in loving everyone unconditionally, in imitation of our Saviour Jesus.